Thursday 6 September 2018

What I'm Learning Five Years On.


Today marks five years since I left my "long-time" job as a journalist at the Rotorua Daily Post - the local newspaper I worked at and it has got me thinking about some of the things I've learnt since leaving.

I thought I'd share a few of those things here -

*  Life is not defined by what you do but by who you are!

*  Life is too short to worry about what people think about you or what you perceive they think of you.

*  Living a slower life can be better.

*  Being grateful for the small things matters like a walk with the dog in the Redwoods, having a latte with a book in your favourite cafe, watching your favourite TV series, going to a movie with a mate or appreciating the flowers your husband has planted in the garden.

*  It can take time to find a new job but stick at it!

*  It's important to grieve for things or people you've lost or couldn't have but it's okay to move on even if it does take a while.

*  It can be fun learning and embracing new things and cultures.

*  You can find your passion again.

*  Kindness matters!

*  A dog is a loyal friend.

And with that I'm off to my favourite cafe to read a book and enjoy a latte before I start work later this afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment