Friday 15 September 2017

The Prince George Diaries


Watching Prince George on TV the other day cling on to his father's hand as he arrived for his first day of school, I thought "I wonder what's going through that boy's mind?''.

I guess I thought that more after reading the extremely delightful book The Prince George Diaries by Clare Bennett. This book was published in 2015 and is Prince George in his own words. Of course it's all fiction because who can write when they're just a toddler.

Written in diary format, the book spans a year of Prince George's life from July 22, 2014 - his first birthday - through to his second birthday. It's life seen through his eyes.

His diary deals with how he goes from being an only child to having to deal with having a sister, who he refers to as Ringo until her birth when she's bestowed with the name Charlotte.  He describes how his mother is feeling being pregnant. One of the lines from the book - "Mummy is now almost bright green and she has been wearing the same onesie for three days".

Prince George's family - his great grandfather aka Prince Philip affectionately known as G-Pop, his great grandmother aka Queen Elizabeth II (GG), grandfather Prince Charles (Goonie) and step grandmother Camilla (GaGa) - all have a starring role. It's obvious that Prince George is quite taken with his Uncle Harry who features a lot in the book.

This book is brilliant with laugh out loud moments on almost all of the 287 pages. I hope Bennett is planning a sequel.





2 comments:

  1. Oh my that looks amazing! I have to confess I am fascinated by the royal family :) I am going to have to give this one a go! Having two small children, myself, I should get a laugh out of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great book! Highly recommended. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete